To commemorate the opening of the new bus station, we take a look back through some old photos from the Bernie Drouillard Collection.

Before the need for a bus station when Windsor’s public transportation system ran on steel rails, the Park Building at Park and Ouellette was home to the first Greyhound Station.

Here is a street side shot of the Bus Depot along Ouellette Ave.

This shot is looking down on the bus depot from the roof of the Prince Edward Hotel.

Both shots above date to the early 1930’s. Today the Park Building is the home to the downtown Canada Post outlet. In 1940 the Depot moved to Univeristy Ave, where it remained until the other week when it shifted to the old Canadian Tire site at Chatham & Dougall.

Related posts
Old Photographs

3232 Sandwich Street - Then & Now

Old Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

Downtown Laura Secord Closes - 1976

Old Photographs

Lauzon & Wyandotte - 1958

Old Photographs

The Auditorium Building - 709 Ouellette

Recent Comments:

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.