Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Old City Hall - 1920

Old City Hall taken in 1920. Formerly a public school it was repurposed and used as Windsor’s second City Hall, until replaced by the current one in 1956. Now there’s a new one coming, and some discussion has come up about how much should be spent. What do you think? Should Windsor make an impressive City Hall, or should we cheap out and build something bland that will need to be…
Read more
Lost WindsorPostcardsWindsor

Ouellette & Riverside - c. 1925

A view here looking north towards the Detroit River along Ouellette from just south of today’s Riverside Drive. It’s always great to look at an image, from less than a century ago, of a pretty major intersection, and there not one single thing still…
Old PhotographsWindsor

St Anne's - 1140 Monmouth Rd - 1960

St Anne’s Separate School on Monmouth Rd in Walkerville is seen in this photo above that ran in the construction company’s ad in December of 1960. Modern renovations have stripped all Mid-Century Style and Design from the building, but it’s still in use and…
Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

St Mary's - Ouellette Ave - 1920

Here’s an old shot of St Mary’s Academy that was located on Ouellette Ave, south of Park St. St Mary’s stood downtown until the construction of the Tunnel came along, and the order sold the land to Fred Martin and his tunnel company, and they then relocated…