Lost WindsorOld PhotographsRenderings

Home Of The Friendless – 1902

From the Evening Record – August 12, 1902

Above is shown a rendering from 1902, of the new wing facing Wyandotte Street, of the Home of the Friendless. The Home of the Friendless was established in 1885 to provide shelter to older citizens who found themselves destitute. The building was located at Wyandotte & Mercer. The facility was eventually renamed The Homestead and was replaced by Huron Lodge in the early 1960s, when the building above was closed and demolished.

Image from SWODA

The image above shows the building in August, 1960 in the final few years before demolition. The building was demolished in late 1961, early 1962.

Related posts
Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Wyandotte & Glengarry - Then & Now

RenderingsUnbuilt

Greater Windsor Labour Centre - 1965

Old Photographs

Pig-N-Whistle Restaurant - 950 Wyandotte St W - 1954

Old Photographs

3232 Sandwich Street - Then & Now

Recent Comments:

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.