Lost WindsorOld PhotographsRenderings

Home Of The Friendless - 1902

From the Evening Record – August 12, 1902 Above is shown a rendering from 1902, of the new wing facing Wyandotte Street, of the Home of the Friendless. The Home of the Friendless was established in 1885 to provide shelter to older citizens who found themselves destitute. The building was located at Wyandotte & Mercer. The facility was eventually renamed The Homestead and was replaced…
Read more
Lost WindsorPostcardsSchools

Dougall Avenue School

A postcard view of the long lost Dougall Avenue Public School. This postcard dates to about 1918. The building was designed by local architects the Williams Brothers. The Williams Brothers are more well known today for their Church works. Having most notably designed the…