Essex CountyOld Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

LaSalle Bell Building – 1953

From the Windsor Star – December 9, 1953:

0304

Pictured here is the new Bell Telephone building which will house dial switching equipment to serve the LaSalle area when the new exchange is opened early next spring. The attractive one story structure is located on the east side of the River Front road. The LaSalle are is served at present by rural lines from Windsor. The new exchange will make individual or two-party service available within the town and will also serve the surrounding rural area. Calls between all Windsor and LaSalle numbers will be dialed direct, without long distance charges. Calls between Tecumseh and LaSalle will be by dialing “operator”, and long distance charges apply.

Related posts
Buildings of WindsorLost WindsorOld Photographs

Carnegie Library - 1903 - 1973

DemolitionLost WindsorOld Photographs

Ouellette & Riverside - 1963

Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Bank Of Commerce - Ottawa Street - 1950

Apartment BuildingsOld Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

Rogin Block - 401 Parent Avenue

Thanks for your support! IM.com is making a return. Keep checking back for updates.

 

3 Comments

Comments are closed.