Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

Displaced By The 401 - 1956

From the Windsor Daily Star – August 30, 1956: DISPLACED BY 401 – Six houses are being moved to make way for an overpass for Highway 401. This is being moved along North Talbot Rd., between Howard Ave. and Walker Rd., to its new location, a trip of about a mile. So last time a highway was built through Windsor, they moved six houses to a new location, rather than demolish them when…
Read more
Lost WindsorOld Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

Benstein Block - Pitt & McDougall - 1917

From the Evening Record, May 1917: Ever alert to the interest and prosperity of the city as well as to his own affairs, H. Benstein, merchant, now occupies the new building he recently erected at the corner of Pitt street and McDougall avenue, Windsor. The building is a credit to the city and is built on the site of Mr. Benstein’s old establishment in which he conducted a dry goods…
Read more
Lost WindsorOld Newspaper StoriesRenderingsWindsor

J.T. Wing Warehouse - 1914

From the Evening Record – February, 1914: The above is a cut of the factory and warehouse building to be erected on Pitt Street east, between McDougall and Mercer, for the J.T. Wing Co. The building will be 100 feet square, the greater part of the floor space being used for storage and manufacturing purposes. The front section of the ground floor will be comprised of offices, show room and…
Read more