This picture shows the south west corner of Mill & Baby streets in Sandwich in May 1957. This little building was owned by the Sandwich, Windsor & Amherstburg Railway (SW&A), the forerunner of today’s Transit Windsor. It started out as a ticket office and waiting room for the streetcars, and by this point in time had become a drivers exchange room, where buses would pull up and the drivers would swap. The building was eventually demolished and remains today a vacant lot.
Anyone out there remember this place?