Buildings of WindsorOld Photographs

Bartlet Building - 1921

From the Border Cities Star – March 19, 1921 Designed by architect J. C. Pennington, who moved his offices to the third floor after construction. The building was developed by E. N. Bartlet who purchased the property, and the one to the west. On the corner of Pelisser & University a building, leased by the Bank of Hamilton, occupied that site. At the announcement of the building…
Read more
Unbuilt

Riverside Park Pavilion

AddressSandwich St W (now Riverside) & BruceYear 1914ArchitectJ.C. PenningtonStatusUnbuilt Proposed by the Park Committee, the pavilion above was proposed for Riverside Park at the foot of Bruce Avenue. The Pavilion designed by J.C. Pennington, was planned to be…
Buildings of Windsor

Pooles Fish Market

Address101 Wyandotte Street WestYear1940ArchitectJ.C. PenningtonStatusRegister Listed Opened in June, 1940 this is one of Windsor’s few streamlined moderne buildings. Designed by J.C. Pennington, the building was commissioned by Max Goldhar, to house his fish market. The building, clad in Indiana Limestone, features a fish sculpture on the exterior wall along Pelissier Street to this…
Read more