A view of the recently constructed Dieppe Park and civic auditorium site cleared for construction of the future Cleary Auditorium. The Cleary Guest House built in 1957 is visible at the east end of the park near the parking lot at the foot of Ouellette, while the rest of the park site is barren and grassy.
The Cleary Auditorium site has been cleared and visible in the background is the Baby House museum on Pitt Street along with the large Alvin Apartments. The apartment building is now gone, and the Civic Auditorium now part of St Clair College.
The photo is an interesting snapshot in time showing a city trying to reinvent itself and spur some excitement with a civic urban renewal project. The image above comes from a 1959 report on Urban Renewal in Windsor. A copy can be found on SWODA.