Old Photographs

New Post Office – 1934

New Downtown Post Office – October 3, 1934

The art deco splendor of the main post office hall on the ground floor of the Paul Martin Building on Ouellette Avenue. Following years of neglect, and renovation, the building was recently purchased by the City of Windsor. This main hall has been empty since the post office closed, and moved to Ouellette and Park in the early 2000’s. The building is planned to become the new “temporary” home of the Downtown Windsor Main Library Branch. Hopefully public space will return to this hall once the building reopens under city ownership.

Related posts
Old Photographs

The Talbot House - 1952

Old Photographs

Walker & Tecumseh - Looking North 1950

Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Canadian Club Sign

Buildings of WindsorOld PhotographsStucco

1627 Howard Avenue

Recent Comments: