The Crawford House Hotel, was located on the north east corner of Sandwich Street (now Riverside Drive) and Ferry.
It was founded in the 1860’s or 1870’s by Alexander Crawford, the namesake of Crawford Avenue. This photo taken in 1920, must have been towards the end of the hotel’s life. As the 1920’s rolled around new hotels began to feature bathrooms in every room, rendering these old hotels useless.
By 1937, the site where the Crawford House stood was a vacant lot. Today the site is part of Dieppe Park.