Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

Chatham & Ferry

In October 1924, The Baum & Brody Furniture company moved from their store on what is today Riverside Dr. E., just west of Goyeau to the corner of Chatham & Ferry.

Today this building that has had a long history as a downtown watering hole, remains nearly identical.

The building began life as the home of the Universal Car Agency in 1912. The Universal Car Agency sold “The Ford Automobile, The Russell & The Cadillac”. The building served as both a showroom, and a service garage.

The company took out a full page ad to celebrate their move to the new location in October, 1924.

Now coming up on its 97th birthday, it is staggering to think, just how many people have walked through those doors over the years, whether looking for a car, a washing machine, a seafood dinner or a beer.

Related posts
Old Photographs

3232 Sandwich Street - Then & Now

Old Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

Downtown Laura Secord Closes - 1976

Old Photographs

Lauzon & Wyandotte - 1958

Old Photographs

The Auditorium Building - 709 Ouellette

Recent Comments:

32 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.