From the Windsor Daily Star – July 31, 1936:
STATION OF NEW MODERNISTIC DESIGN OPENED BY SHELL
This attractive Shell service station at the northwest corner of Ouellette Avenue and Erie Street opened for business today. It is of a modernistic design, entirely fireproof and finished in a neutral shade with red trim. There are five gasoline pumps of a new design. The station is selling Shell sealed gasoline and oil, tires and accessories and is equipped with a Moto-Sway hoist for Shellubriaction. This is the sixth of the chain of Shell stations in Windsor. (By Staff Photographer)
A view of the intersection of Erie and Ouellette from the Bernie Drouillard Collection. The shell station is visible in the rear.
A view of the Fire Insurance Map from 1937.