St Michael and All Angels Church 1960

Located on Jerome Street in Riverside just to the east of the Riverside High School, is this proposed church building from October 1960. The building was designed by Windsor architect J P Thomson Associates. The building was built but with a few modifications to the rendering above, including the elimination of many of the stained glass windows. It looks like it was built to later accommodate the insertion of the stained glass windows, likely as funds allowed.

Image from Google Streetview

At some point the Anglican church closed, and the building is today home to Saint Simeon Stylites Melkite Catholic Church. The building looks very similar to the original rendering, and it appears to have had very little changes to the exterior. It’s always a pleasant surprise to uncover something new.

Related posts

4195 Seminole - Former Caribbean Centre


Canada Square - 1965


Detroit River Memorial Tunnel - 1918

ChurchesLost WindsorOld Newspaper Stories

Christ The King Church and The Baseball All-Star

Recent Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.