Located on the west side of Walker Road at Seneca Street is this factory belonging to the Colonial Tool Group. A handsome red brick building, with a two storey office building on the south end with decorative stone elements, they sure don’t build factories like they used to.
Interestingly enough, 78 years later, Colonial Tool is still in the building they built for themselves. Designed by architect J. P. Thomson, with Sheppard & Masson as associate architects, the picture above shows the architect’s rendering of the factory. The cost of the building in 1942 was $190,000 which is equivalent to abut $3 million dollars today. Nice to see that this one has survived along with the business that built it.