From the Windsor Daily Star – November 9, 1946:
First sod for the new church in The Voice of the Most Precious Blood Parish will be turned Sunday at 4:30 p.m. by most Rev. J. E. Cody, coadjutor bishop of London. Benediction will follow in the old church. Above is a drawing of the new church by Mr. John R. Boyde, architect. It will be at Tecumseh boulevard and Meldrum road, on the same site as the present frame structure. Major the Rev. Michael J. Dalton, M.B.E., wartime padre of the Essex Scottish Regiment is pastor of this parish.
Sadly this nice looking church fell victim to a fire, and the church has since been replaced:
What was it about the 1970’s and Catholic Churches? It’s like architects tried to out do each other with ugly boxy designs…
Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend… Hard to believe it’s August already….