Located in Detroit’s Woodlawn Cemetery, this is the final resting place of Frank Hecker. Hecker who was a leading industrialist of his day, is probably best remebered for his mansion located at Woodward & Ferry near the DIA.
Never one to not be showy, Hecker comissioned architect Standford White of New York to design his mausoleum in 1897. The mausoleum is built of Marble, the only mausoleum at Woodlawn made of marble.
*With addional information from the late A. Dale Northupâ€™s book Detroitâ€™s Woodlawn Cemetery.*