Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

Dillon Hall - 1927

From the Border Cities Star – November 15, 1927: Shown here is Assumption College’s $300,000 classroom building, construction work on which has just been completed. The structure fronts Patricia road, but the rear, which faces the other college buildings, is similar in design to the front. It provides Assumption with accommodations for 800 students. The first sod for the building was…
Read more
Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

New Central Fire Hall - 1969

From the Windsor Star – December 27, 1969: TAKING SHAPE – Windsor’s new central fire station is rapidly taking shape. The new, $670,000 building is on Goyeau St. at Elliott St. E. Scheduled for completion next spring, the new hall will replace the present 41-year-old fire department headquarters station on Pitt St. E. The new station will house the department’s…
Read more
Old Newspaper StoriesRenderingsWindsor

Diane Shoes - 1939

From the Windsor Daily Star – December 30, 1939: After alterations are completed the new greater Diane Shoe Store will be located on Ouellette avenue in the present building. The new store will have three times its former floor space, with the first floor, basement…
Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

1934 Walkerville Town Council

From the Border Cities Star – January 3, 1934: The 1934 Walkerville Town Council met for the first time at Willistead Tuesday and got all organized for a year of hard work. The new council, together with A. E. Cock, the town clerk, posed for this picture as they left the meeting. Front row, left to right: Councillors Griggs and Long, Mayor Farrow, and Councillors Martin and Chick; and back…
Read more
Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

Park & Victoria - 1926

From the Border Cities Star – September 27, 1926: Staunch Old Elms Planted in 1865, to Fall Hydro railway workmen will soon dig their axes into the trunks of these two fine old elms, located at the corner of Park street and Victoria avenue. The trees, which have stood…