This past weekend a fire ravaged 1597 Howard Avenue, the old service station and garage that was once home to Beaver Oil. Designed by Windsor architects Johnson-McWhinnie, who also notably designed the original Cleary Auditorium, designed the building above in 1967. Sadly the fire raged enough to cause the main section with the “Y” shaped trusses to collapse. The building, in its pre-fire condition can be seen below. Looks like another piece of Windsor’s architectural heritage is once again lost.