St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, was built in 1895 to replace an earlier structure that burned down. It was designed by the architectural firm of Spier & Rohns of Detroit, it is built in the Richardson Romanesque Style. Spier & Rohns designed many churches in Detroit, as well as several in London. Spier & Rohns were active in the 1890’s through the mid part of the first decade of 1900s. They were doing work as Spier, Rohns & Gehrke around the first world war in the Kitchener area.
The rendering above appeared in the Evening Record in July 1896. The accompanying article indicates the church was built with Ohio Stone Facings and Detroit brick. It contained seating for 800. The contractors were Kurlow & Hild of Detroit, and the building cost about $30,000 in 1895 dollars.