Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

801 Victoria Ave – Kennedy House – 1913

From the Evening Record – July 4, 1913:

    The above is a photo of the new residence of Mr. W.C. Kennedy, corner of Victoria avenue and Elliott street. It is erected at a cost of about $20,000 and is one of the most modern and up-to-date houses in the city. The brick is laid in flemish bond, tile roof and solid walls. The interior finish is of hardwood, with electric lighting, hot water heating.

The house built in 1912 and designed by Gilbert Jacques still stands today…


View Larger Map

… although there have been some very unsympathetic additions over the years…

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Too bad the Tigers came up short.

Related posts
Old Photographs

225 Giles Boulevard West - 1924

Old Photographs

Windsor Utilities Office - 1964

UnbuiltWindsor

Detroit River Memorial Tunnel - 1918

ChurchesLost WindsorOld Newspaper Stories

Christ The King Church and The Baseball All-Star

Recent Comments:

10 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *