DetroitPhoto Du Jour

Photo Du Jour – November 2, 2005 – Detroit Hotels 1929 – Part III

Here is the third and final installment.

The Hotel Wolverine, demolished to make a parking lot for Comerica Park. Thanks Ilitch Holdings…

Webster Hall, demolished, located on the Wayne State Campus.

The Madison-Lenox – RIP – Demolished this spring for a “Landscaped, lighted parking lot”. Thanks Ilitch Holdings…

The Hotel Tuller, now a vacant fenced off gravel lot. Thanks Ilitch Holdings….

The Fort Wayne. Near the Masonic Temple.

The Eddystone, scheduled for condo conversion.

The Palmetto, id made by Mccarch of the Detroityes forum. Now demolished, it used to stand at the S.W. corner of Hancock & John R.

The Barlum, now the Cadillac Square Apartments.

The Strathmore, still standing but windowless on Alexandrine, between Woodward & Cass. (Thanks to Rust & Mccarch of the Detroityes.com forum for the id)

Related posts
DetroitRenderingsUnbuiltWindsor

Proposed Detroit-Windsor International Airport

DetroitOld Photographs

Detroit Civic Center Plaza - 1976

DetroitNews

Detroit Streetcar Line

DetroitLost WindsorOtherWindsor

One Fare - Walkerville & Detroit Ferry Co - c 1925

Recent Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *