Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Riverside Drive - 1962

From the Department of Public Works section of the 1962 City of Windsor Annual Report comes this photograph shown above. Riverside Drive, east of the C.N.R. Overpass, has been rebuilt. Curbs and sidewalks were moved back and re-aligned to permit a pavement width of at least 40 feet. This allows four lanes of moving traffic during rush hours, giving a fast and even flow of traffic into and out of…
Read more
Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Studebaker Factory - Then and Now

Above is a view of the Studebaker Factory that once graced the area just north east of Walker and Wyandotte. This picture above was taken in 1913 and is looking south at the factory from the rail tracks. By 1937, the Studebaker factory is listed as “Silent and Mostly…
Lost WindsorOld AdsWindsor

Canadian Automotive Trim - 1949

Located on Walker Road, the building was located on the east side just south of Edna street. View Larger Map The plant, owned by National Automotive Fibres Inc. had a sister operation open in Ajax in 1953. It manufactured interior trim parts for Ford, Chrysler, General Motors, American Motors and Studebaker. In 1957 the Windsor plant was closed and all the work was moved to the new operation in…
Read more
Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Tourist Information - 1948

From the 1948 Windsor And Essex County Visitor’s Guide   OFFICIAL TRAVEL INFORMATION Above is shown the Ontario Government Information Centre at the Detroit-Windsor vehicle tunnel. The reception centre is directly opposite the tunnel exit. second (sic) one is at the…