Founded in 1921, the Elmcourt Country Club was founded at the same time as the Walkerville Tennis Club, by a split and division of the old Walkerville Country Club. The club was incorporated in June, 1921 and quickly gained 450 members before opening in August, 1921. The club opened on Dougall Avenue, just beyond the Windsor City Limits in Sandwich West, just south of the train tracks. It opened with nine tennis courts and a clubhouse / locker room opened by Christmas. The club house also featured a large dance floor 30 feet wide by 80 feet long, and was home to many social functions.
It appears sometime around 1935, the club ceased to be and the clubhouse opened as the Elmwood Hotel. The old clubhouse was now a tavern, and operated from 1935-1943, when it was destroyed by fire. The new Elmwood building was built a few years after (delayed due to WWII) and and eventually became the famous Elmwood Casino, before being repurposed as Brentwood, which it still is today.