Old Photographs

Huron Church & College – 1952

Image from SWODA

There’s nothing more amazing that shows the change in Windsor over the years than old street scenes from places that are busy today, but look almost rural from the old days. This photo is a perfect example. This shot was taken in the middle of Huron Church Road looking north towards the Ambassador Bridge, from the intersection with College Avenue. For those familiar with our fair city, this intersection looks very different today.

The little building on the left was the Wright Coal & Supply Company, despite their name, old ads in the Windsor Star list their specialty as “Roofing & Brick Siding”. That was located where the McDonald’s stands today.

Related posts
Lost WindsorOld Photographs

The Intersection of Huron Church, Felix & Prince - 1953

Lost WindsorOld Photographs

940 Assumption

Old PhotographsWindsor

53 Pitt Street East

Lost WindsorOld Photographs

College & Campbell - 1951

Recent Comments:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *