Located at 238 Dalhousie street in Amherstburg, near Navy Yard Park, the former offices of the local newspaper the Amherstburg Echo, were designed in 1915 by Windsor architect J. C. Pennington.
The Echo office was closed by Sun Media in 2009, and they moved the production of the paper to Windsor. The office building was sold that same year, and became a restaurant. After three years of running the paper from a Windsor location, Sun Media closed the paper for good in 2012. In 2014 plans were made to replace this building with a block of condos.
Luckily, that deal didn’t happen and the building has been rehabilitated and restored, and is an excellent example of adaptive reuse. It’s a good thing that this building didn’t fall to the wrecking ball.