A neat old shot from the archives of the Detroit Publishing Company now residing in the collection of the Library of Congress. This one shows the fountain in all her glory on Devonshire Road, just south of the old Train Station, approximately across the street from today’s Taloola Cafe. This photo dates to about 1905.
The top of the fountain featured an impressive crown at the top as well as great detailing.
For those that always ask, here’s what it looked like in operation.
Here’s the fountain today at its current home in Willistead Park. It’s looking a litte sad a tired these days.