From The Evening Record – November 25, 1915:
NEW ST. JOSEPH’S SCHOOL ON EAST SIDE
- The new St. Joseph’s school at the corner of Niagara and Marion is practically completed and will be opened the first of the year, relieving much of the congestion that has prevailed on the east side. It is a handsome building, containing eight rooms. The architect was Gilbert Jacques and Wells & Gray had the general contract. Sub-contracts were let to J. Lauckner for painting, Jos L’Heureux for heating, plumbing and metal work, and Gilbert Campeau for electric wiring. The building is fireproof and was erected at a cost of about $60,000.