Again from the Library of Congress/Detroit Publishing Co. collection, today is a view of Devonshire Road looking north from about 1912. The Bank of Commerce on the left hand side was designed by Albert Kahn, and built in 1906.
As always it’s the details. A nice view of the Walkerville street light, and two gentlemen on the front steps of the bank.
A partial view of the front of the old train station. The Walker Power Building to the rear was built in 1911, and designed by Stahl, Kinsey, and Chapman. Note the “cars stop here” sign at the junction. Maybe Bernie can explain the use of the sign?
Lastly a view of the Crown Inn building and the home today of Talooa Cafe, occupied then by The Dominion Bank.