RenderingsWindsor

St. Steven’s Church – Oldcastle

From the Evening Record, January 13, 1913.

The above is a perspective of the new Anglican church to be built at Oldcastel (sic) by Leybourne & Whitney, architects and engineers. It will be 80 feet long by 36 feet in width. The finish of the interior will be in oak and pine, with maple floors. The seats, altar lecterns, etc., will be especially designed for this church. The basement, which extends under the entire building, will have nine feet of headroom and will be so constructed to be perfectly waterproof during the season of high water. The exterior will be of brick with buff Bedford stone trimmings. The the building commitee, of which Mr. G.W. Jessop is the chairman, belongs the credit for rasing the funds for the erection of this modern church building.

Located on Howard Avenue south of Highway 3, it appears that the building still stands…

Related posts
Windsor

4195 Seminole - Former Caribbean Centre

UnbuiltWindsor

Canada Square - 1965

ChurchesRenderingsWindsor

St Michael and All Angels Church 1960

UnbuiltWindsor

Detroit River Memorial Tunnel - 1918

Recent Comments:

4 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.