Located on Francois, between Seminole and Tecumseh Roads, David Maxwell was built in 1928, in what was then known as East Windsor. Ford City was renamed East Windsor when Chrysler Moved in to their new plant at Tecumseh & Walker.
The School was designed by the Windsor firm of Pennington & Boyde, who designed numerous other schools, homes and churches across the border cities.
David Maxwell today, following an unsympathetic addition on the north elevation to create a fire escape.
David Maxwell 80 years ago, shortly after construction in 1928.
Despite a terrible addition…
… Touches of the past can still be seen.