A few more today from the Bernie Drouillard collection. Today’s batch focuses on the London Street Car Barns. Today London Street is known as University Ave., and the Car Barns are known as “The Junction”.
This is the building that today houses The Junction. This photo dates to the early 1940’s.
This was the S.W. & A. float in a World War II era parade float. The float is called “United we stand for victory”. There were girls dressed up and wearing sashes with the names of all the allies. They are hard to make out but it appears that Miss Canada is at the top of the float flanked by two sailors.
Here is an exterior view of the long gone London Street Office building.
Here is a view of the inside looking out.