RenderingsUnbuiltWindsor

Proposed Elks Hall

The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks (B.P.O.E.) announced in 1927 that they had acquired a property on the south west corner of Sandwich Street (Riverside Drive West) & Park Place (Randolph). The ambitious plans for the building were drawn up by Detroit architect Ben Dore, who was associated with C. Howard Crane’s firm. The building was planned to be built by 1928, with the goal of…
Read more
Lost WindsorRenderingsWindsor

Sandwich East Township Hall

The Sandwich East Town Hall was built in 1927, and designed by local architects Allaster & Jacques. Located on the south side of Tecumseh Road East, near Lauzon, the township hall was built in 1927 at a cost of about $12,000. A one storey building with a basement, the…