Located at the north east corner of Parkwood & Ypres is this large brick home was the long time home of Dr. Eric C H Windeler. The house was built in 1929, and designed by architects O’Dell, Trace & Diehl. The same group of architects designed the Royal Windsor Apartments downtown, as well as the long demolished Windsor City Market.
Dr. E C H Windeler was born in 1890, graduated from McGill, in Montreal in 1911, and started practicing medicine in BC after WWI. He moved to Windsor and set up practice here in 1924, where he remained until his retirement in 1965. Following his retirement he moved to the Toronto area to be closer to family, and he passed away at the age of 84 in 1974.
The 10 room house, built in 1929 cost $10,000 (about $1.7 million in today’s dollars).