While searching for something unrelated, I came across this picture of the old Municipal Court House at City Hall Square. This photo dates from 1961, although the courthouse was built in 1955. It was designed by Sheppard & Masson, who were also the architects of the old City Hall that opened shortly after. This building was demolished in the early 2000s. Some time after the new police station was opened. It became a parking lot, and now the new city hall sits on the site. It was a nice modernist building, would have been nice if this one would have survived and been repurposed.
- Walter Cassidy on 563 Brant – Vesuvio Steam Bath: “Some local history research I did on the place. https://activehistory.ca/2021/03/29902/” Mar 8, 08:24
- Vinnie Pelletier on Metropole Tavern – c. 1960: “I played bass in the band that was backing Larry Santos at the Metropole in 1970” Mar 3, 00:41
- FenceBuilder on Pacific Park Subdivision – 1925: ““There is no catch to it, this is an honest four-square proposition, …” Relects the attitude of real estate agents…” Feb 14, 09:51
- Chris on Pacific Park Subdivision – 1925: “Rob, “Treble” is the british version of “triple”.” Feb 13, 12:24
- RobS on Pacific Park Subdivision – 1925: “One of my favourite quotes. “Your investment will double or treble (sic) in value.” For a developer who is awfully…” Feb 10, 10:38