From “The Township of Sandwich” the caption reads as follows:
- THE BEEMAN HOUSE
Windsor, Ont., “Dode” Maisonville, Propr.
This building waserected in the year 1855, on the Northeast corner of Pitt and Ouellette
avenue, by Mrs. Beeman. The contractor was John Shoreland, and Thomas Gray, carpenter and
jointer, of Sandwich, did nearly all the practical work on it while it was being constructed. On
April 4, 1887, this building was destroyed by fire and a modern structure erected. It was named
the “Manning House” after Thos. Manning, the then owner. It is one of the first-class hotels of the
City of Windsor at the present time. Ambrose Appleton is the present owner and proprietor.