Lost WindsorOld PhotographsReader SubmissionWindsor

Peabody Building – Riverside & Chilver – 1983/1984

Today’s photos come via Tim Swaddling, long time reader, and host of the Train Slide Shows. These photos were shot by Matthew Kulbacki, and he’s been kind enough to share them with us.


Photo © Matthew Kulbacki

A shot looking east on Riverside Drive from the corner of Chilver. The Peabody Bridge in on the left, and the Peabody Building straight ahead. The Peabody building was demolished in 1985. The still standing neighbouring Walker Power Building is often erroneously referred to as the Peabody Building.


Photo © Matthew Kulbacki

This shot was taken after the first one. Note the wrecking company sign on the lower level windows.


Photo © Matthew Kulbacki

This shot is looking north on Chilver towards the river. The end of the Peabody Bridge is visible. It’s amazing what a presence the building was on the street.


Photo © Matthew Kulbacki

This view shows the Chilver facade and the rear of the building.

Special thanks to Matthew Kulbacki for sharing these with us. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Related posts
Old Photographs

Windsor Utilities Office - 1964

UnbuiltWindsor

Detroit River Memorial Tunnel - 1918

ChurchesLost WindsorOld Newspaper Stories

Christ The King Church and The Baseball All-Star

Buildings of WindsorDemolitionLost Windsor

Essex House Hotel - 317 Riverside Drive West

Recent Comments:

30 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *