Apartment BuildingsWindsor

Former Sandwich Town Hall

This building located at 3255 Sandwich Street was built in 1912, and designed by local architects C. Howard Crane and J.C. Pennington. It was dedicated on March 17, 1912. In addition to use as the town hall, it was also home to the Sandwich Police Station, library, courtroom and auditorium. After Sandwich was amalgamated into Windsor in 1935, the building became the Essex County administrative offices, which was its use until 1963. At that time the building was converted into apartments, which is still its use today.

The building was designated in 2005. [UPDATE] – In speaking with John Calhoun the heritage planner, it seems the building was never designated. There was a report done, the owners were looking into it, but never moved forward. However, if the owners so desired, it certainly could be designated…

Related posts
Old PhotographsPostcardsRenderingsWindsor

Great War Memorial - 1923

Apartment BuildingsRenderingsWindsor

Farrell Apartments - 1929 - Moy & Assumption

PostcardsWindsor

King George School - 1916

Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Bank Of Commerce - Ottawa Street - 1950

Recent Comments:

7 Comments

Comments are closed.