The Spirit Of Windsor – Engine 5588

Sorry for the delay in getting today’s post up… Today we take a look at The Spirit of Windsor, the old CN Steam Engine kind of tucked away in the corner of a parking lot along the Waterfront.

This massive behemoth, is a throwback to the days when the riverfront was covered in rails.

The old CN logo on the one side, has certainly seen better days.

The engine is undergoing work with the help of a dedicated group of volunteers.

A plaque along the fence tells the story of 5588, built in 1911, it was retired in 1961, saved from the scrap pile and brought to Windsor where it’s been since 1965.

Related posts
Buildings of WindsorWindsor

493 Ouellette Ave - Lazare's Furs Building

Buildings of WindsorWindsor

181-187 California Avenue - Henry T. W. Ellis House


1212 Ypres - Dr Eric Windeler House

Old Newspaper StoriesWindsor

Sign Cleaning - 1923

Recent Comments:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *