From the Evening Record – April, 1893:
An interesting old ad for bicycles…
Only $165.00 with new Dunlop Pneumatic tires!
The 1924 City Directory lists Bowlby & Gluns, Ltd. A.D. Bowlby, pres. as selling “Bicycles, sewing machines, phonographs, electric washing machines and vacuum cleaners” at 53 Pitt St. West.
The Bowlby house still stands at the corner of Elliott & Victoria. The house was built in 1896, and purchased by Andrew D. Bowlby in 1912. It remained in the Bowlby family until the last of Andrew’s daughters passed away in 1988.