Here’s a neat old shot from the early 1920’s of the Walkerville Post Office.
The Post Office was built in 1914, and designed by the Federal Department of Public Works. Other local buildings designed by the Federal department include the Windsor Armouries and Sandwich Post Office, which were both designed by the same architect; David Ewart.
The architect of the Walkerville Post Office is unknown, but his use of buff brick certainly makes the building stand out amongst its red bricked neighbours.
The post office was closed in the early 1990’s and the building today houses several small businesses, including Walkerville Publishing creators of the Walkerville Times.