This run down red brick building on Walker Rd. in Windsor has thousands of cars pass it every day. Most of the time, proably little thought is given to it’s historical importance.
Built around 1905, this building was used to assemble the first motorized fire engines in Canada.
The northern section of this building was the original portion of the factory. It was likely expanded as production volumes increased, some time after 1913.
A view of the entire derelict complex.
The north side of the building still shows the scar of the old door visible in the black and white photo.
The Segrave’s even have a family mausoleum at Windsor Grove Cenetery.
The Seagrave comapny is still in business, now based in Wisconsin. Coachbuilt.com has a good history of the company here.