A postcard view of the long lost Dougall Avenue Public School. This postcard dates to about 1918. The building was designed by local architects the Williams Brothers. The Williams Brothers are more well known today for their Church works. Having most notably designed the former Our Lady of the Rosary at Riverside & Drouillard, as well as the Holy Family Church (formerly Immaculate Conception) at Wyandotte & Marentette.
The Dougall Avenue School was built in 1904, and was closed and demolished in 1990. The site at 811 Dougall was cleared and a new replacement school was built on the same site and was opened in 1992. The first principal of the school was D.M. Eagle. Eagle was well known as the Public School inspector for Essex County. There is a school named after him in the former St. Clair Beach, that originally opened in 1946. He also was involved in local politics, eventually serving as the reeve of Sandwich and as Essex County Warden in 1926. After amalgamation he served as an alderman for the City of Windsor as well. He also spent seven years as a director for the Chamber of Commerce from 1932-1939, passing away in 1954. His home at 165 California avenue remains standing.