Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

The Bishop’s Palace – Sandwich – c. 1875

0107
Image courtesy of SWODA

Located in Sandwich, just to the west of Assumption Church, along Huron Church Road. It was built in 1861 by Bishop Pinsonneault as his residence, when he moved the seat of the diocese from London to Sandwich. Of course the see was moved back to London and the building quickly fell into disrepair. Despite its grand appearance, the structure was poorly built, and after only 35 years, it was demolished in 1896.

Probably one of Windsor’s grandest, and least known buildings from the past…

Related posts
Old PhotographsWindsor

Car Barn Designation Moving Forward

Old PhotographsOtherWindsor

From Wigle Park to Yankee Stadium

Old Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

Wigle Park - 1909

Lost WindsorPostcardsWindsor

Odd Fellows Temple - 36 Wyandotte St E

Recent Comments:

7 Comments

Comments are closed.