This beauty in South Windsor was built in 1929, for Mrs. F. E. Currah. She was the manager of the Windsor Supply Co., which is listed in the old City Directories as being a place to get “threshers’ supplies”.
The house appeared in the December 31, 1929 issue of the paper, as one of the fine residences erected in the past year. The house was designed by Pennington & Boyde, and the cost to build it was $65,000 (equivalent to about $821,000 in 2011 dollars).
A beauty for sure. When we think of old buildings in this city, we don’t often look in South Windsor, but this just goes to show that there is history all around us.