A view from 1920 of the busy corner of Sandwich and Ouellette.
The building on the south east corner of Riverside and Ouellette was a branch of the Bank of Commerce. It was designed by Detroit architect Albert Kahn, who also designed the Bank of Commerce in Walkerville which is still standing.
Another view of the bank from the Virtual Motor City collection at Wayne State. This building was replaced by the CIBC Building currently on the corner in 1973. The building above was demolished in the spring of 1972.