Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

Pitt Street Looking East - 1920

Happy Wednesday everyone! A neat shot looking east down Pitt Street towards Ouellette. The street car at the end of the shot is on the other side of Ouellette and was the W.E. & L.S. car to the county. The closest building on the left beside the car is the real estate office of George Lawton. Lawton was a designer and builder of many homes around Windsor and the Border Cities, his most famous…
Read more
Lost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

The Crawford House - 1920

This photograph shown above shows the Crawford House hotel that was situated on the north side of Sandwich Street (today’s Riverside Drive) at Ferry. The hotel was owned by Alexander Crawford, the namesake of Crawford Avenue on the near west side, and originally a…
Old PhotographsWindsor

New Homes on Randolph - 1919

From the Border Cities Era June 7, 1919: View of Randolph avenue in Sandwich, showing construction work on 20 homes that are being erected by the Border Cities Builders, Limited, recently incorporated with a capital of $40,000. Randolph avenue is located in the choice…
Old AdsRenderingsWindsor

916 Buckingham - The Hollywood Model Home

From the Windsor Daily Star, June 25, 1955: This beautiful Hollywood Home is the direct result of many years of study and intense planning by a prominent California architect. The interior consists of 3 spacious bedrooms, huge 24-ft. living room with dining area, step saving kitchen with side door entrance leading to carport, studio ceilings throughout, custom made room-divider cabinet between…
Read more
Old Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

Dillon Hall - 1927

From the Border Cities Star – November 15, 1927: Shown here is Assumption College’s $300,000 classroom building, construction work on which has just been completed. The structure fronts Patricia road, but the rear, which faces the other college buildings, is…
Lost WindsorOld Newspaper StoriesOld PhotographsWindsor

The British-American Brewery - 1939

Hope everyone had a great long weekend! Today’s photo comes from from the Windsor Daily Star – December 30, 1939. It is looking south east at the corner of Sandwich (now Riverside) and Bruce. Windsor’s big industries in every line keep pace with the pressing demands of business. The British-American Brewery’s ambitious scheme for expansion in 1940 embraces major plan…
Read more
Lost WindsorPostcardsWindsor

Madrid Motor Hotel - 2530 Ouellette Avenue

From the back of the card: MADRID MOTOR HOTEL Ph. Area 519, 252-7743 2530 Ouellette Avenue WINDSOR, Ontario, Canada Only 4 minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel exit, on Highway 3B, leading to Highway 401. Dining room with excellent cuisine. Banquet facilities. Pool. All…