Lost Windsor

White's Restaurant & The Elbow Room - 33 Pitt Street East

in 1917 two Greek brothers Gus & Harry Lukos purchased a one story building on Pitt Street East housing White’s Cafe. In 1924 they built a 3 story building with a bowling alley, that became known as The Windsor Recreation Building. White’s was located on the ground floor. In 1938 the restaurant was renovated and modernized and the photo above comes from that renovation.
Read more
Old PhotographsWindsor

53 Pitt Street East

Image from SWODA Back in October 1956, the south side of Pitt Street East, between Goyeau and Ouellette was hopping. “Urban Renewal” would bring a massive parking garage to the corner, and the buildings from the Canada Salvage at 65 Pitt Street East and…