DemolitionLost WindsorOld PhotographsWindsor

New Federal Building for 1932

    Nearly 52 years ago Windsor celebrated the opening of its new Post Office. During the coming year the now-ancient building will be torn down. Also razed will be the equally decrepit and abandoned Weights and Measures building. Occupying both sites as well as the little park at the rear of the present Post Office, will rise the new Federal Building, six stories high, and costing $1,000,000. Hundreds of men will be given employment in wrecking the old structures and erecting the new. The site of the new building is outlined in white.

Bits of the little park still exist today, even if everything else is gone.

The Cannon from the Crimean War still exists and is located today in the waterfront park closer to the Ambassador bridge.

The decorative fence was moved to Riverside Drive and is still there today, although it will be removed soon as the property is scheduled for redevelopment.


View Larger Map

Related posts
Old PhotographsWindsor

Car Barn Designation Moving Forward

Old PhotographsOtherWindsor

From Wigle Park to Yankee Stadium

Old Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

Wigle Park - 1909

Lost WindsorPostcardsWindsor

Odd Fellows Temple - 36 Wyandotte St E

Recent Comments:

8 Comments

Comments are closed.