Buildings of WindsorOld Photographs

Bartlet Building – 1921

From the Border Cities Star – March 19, 1921

Designed by architect J. C. Pennington, who moved his offices to the third floor after construction. The building was developed by E. N. Bartlet who purchased the property, and the one to the west. On the corner of Pelisser & University a building, leased by the Bank of Hamilton, occupied that site. At the announcement of the building above, future plans to develop the corner property at the end of the lease were also noted. That building known as the Bartlet Building Annex, was built in 1924 and designed by Cameron & Ralston. Both building still stand and remain occupied and in use.

A rendering of the building by J.C. Pennington – 1920

Related posts
Old Newspaper StoriesOld Photographs

Cenotaph to Jackson Park - 1932

Essex CountyOld PhotographsSchools

New Amherstburg School - 1922

Old PhotographsPostcardsRenderingsWindsor

Great War Memorial - 1923

Lost WindsorOld PhotographsReader Submission

Lafontaine House - 395 Pitt St E

Recent Comments:

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *